[Talk-co] updated data for import

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont en googlemail.com
Sab Dic 4 22:14:36 GMT 2010

Hello
I have applied the patches from jpizarro, and followed the guidelines from
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Colombia/OCHA_Boundary_Import

Reworked the script for creating relations.

here are the updated files :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2010_Colombia_floods/ImportDept

For the Municipalities, I have grouped them into 20 per file, so you have less:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2010_Colombia_floods/ImportMuni

Using josm to upload, please run the validator to remove duplicate
nodes on the borders. I have my C++ code to remove and cut the ways
between the areas, I will post process them when done to merge and cut
the ways, right now we will have overlapping ways.

But the relationships are there and they are closed, you will find
also the patch scripts and the make index scripts in the data
directories :

if you want to download all the data files
you will find them here :
Municipalities :
http://cube.telascience.org/prizren/colombia/test/outADM_Municipios.tbz
patch : http://cube.telascience.org/prizren/colombia/test/outADM_Municipios/patchm.pl
apply like perl -i.bak patchm.pl  *.osm

Departments :
http://cube.telascience.org/prizren/colombia/test/outADM_Departamentos.tbz
patch: http://cube.telascience.org/prizren/colombia/test/outADM_Departamentos/patch.pl
apply like perl -i.bak patch.pl  *.osm

The patches have been applied, but you can read them or change them if you want.

The data has been generated with these commands :

perl -I ../../openstreetmapkosova/
../../openstreetmapkosova/shp2osm_simple.pl
--file=MunicipiosDepartamentos/ADM_Municipios.shp
--prefix=ADM_Municipios --source="OCHA - SIGOT" --waysperfile=20
and
perl -I ../../openstreetmapkosova/
../../openstreetmapkosova/shp2osm_simple.pl
--file=MunicipiosDepartamentos/ADM_Departamentos.shp
--prefix=ADM_Departamentos --source="OCHA - SIGOT" --waysperfile=1

Thansk to jgc and Manchito and jpizarro for testing.
Also i want to give special thanks to Hyper John and winkey from the
cube for hosting!

todo is the problem with upper and lower case, the perl lc function
did not lowercase the strange chars properly.
we will be able to update the osm database after import, have scripts
for that as well, so dont worry.

mike

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania