[Talk-co] ¿Cómo articular a OSM para la atención de desastres en Colombia?

Federico Explorador (Nevados.org) federico.explorador en nevados.org
Mie Dic 15 04:47:28 GMT 2010

Hi Jeffrey,  Mike and mappers,

I want to explain a bit more my ideas:

-          One is the elaboration of better maps than this one:
http://www.colombiassh.org/unete/IMG/2010_Dic_7_FloodsColombia1.jpg . I
mean, it’s a good map for overview, but for work on the ground, a scale of
1:100.000 or 1:50.000 would be better, identifying for example shelters and
points of distribution of aid etc. These maps with more details could be
produced with OSM  (?).

-          The other issue is the drawing of current flooding in a map. I
don’t understand well the technical things with vectors, but the .jpg image
I mention above (link) does definitively not reflect real flooding. All the
space between the town of San Cristobal, Santa Lucia and Campo de la Cruz in
southern Atlántico should be blue (- its flooded).

Greetings, Federico