[Talk-co] Colombia Department Boundary uploading (OCHA-SIGOT source) and next steps

dies38061 en mypacks.net dies38061 en mypacks.net
Sab Ene 29 16:48:34 GMT 2011

( see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2010_Colombia_floods/ImportDept )

As of 29 January 2011, 97% of the Department Boundaries have been confirmed uploaded.  One remains in progress by the chart information recorded.  The next phase is to confirm boundary integrity (for instance, there is a bit of a problem with the Tolima boundary).  Also, the present Colombia national boundary runs contiguous with the "old" boundary set.  In order for Nominatim to be able to do is_in inferences, a Colombia national boundary should be created which is contiguous with the "new" border Department boundaries.  What I will do is create that border and label the original Colombia border as "old".  After these two activities, the reconciliation process between "old" and "new" borders can drive forward.

I would suggest that a discussion ensue related to the process by which the "old" and "new" Department borders will be reconciled.

Regards --ceyockey