[Talk-de] Potlatch (Re: Multi-User "randale" ( s?dlich Reutlingen/T?bingen ))

John07 osm at jonas-krueckel.de
Mo Jun 9 13:03:23 UTC 2008

Richard Fairhurst schrieb:
> Apologies, as a non-German speaker I can only half-follow this
> discussion through Google Translate, and I realise it's very rude to
> post in English on a German-speaking list. I thought it would
> nonetheless be valuable to follow up two points in particular, hope
> you don't mind.
Thanks for entering this discussion, i think it is mucht better to speak
with the developer, not about/against him.

[snip]

> That's not to say that Potlatch can't be improved. Of course it can, a
> lot. One simple easy-to-fix thing which I'm planning to change soon,
> and which I think would make an enormous difference, is actually to
> have a very prominent "uploading..." display when a way is being
> uploaded. This would make it pretty obvious the first time that you
> changed something that it was writing to the map. You would make one
> bad edit, maximum. (In general, making what's happening "transparent"
> and obvious is a good thing, and Potlatch doesn't follow that
> principle enough at the moment.)
I think this would be a very good improvement. When i first worked with
Potlach i didn´t understand/realize that my edits are saved/uploaded
immediately.
If you could add a single line under "uploading" like: "If you want to
revert your Edits press H" (or they key for that) it would be perfect.

> Another thing is localisation, so that the advice at the start - "If
> you click 'Start', you'll be editing the main map directly" - shows up
> in German, too. Lots of you have offered help with that, which is
> great - thank you all; I hope to have some more news on that really soon.
If there are to less people I even could help translating.

At last I want to say that Potlach got  better a lot since I joined OSM
last year.

Jonas