[Talk-de] [Osmf-talk] EVERYONE: PLEASE VOTE

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Do Aug 20 07:37:25 UTC 2009

On 20 Aug 2009, at 00:32, Jochen Topf wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 06:12:46PM -0700, SteveC wrote:
>> But lets look at the real issue, Frederik. You're intensely jealous
>> that your own firm, GeoFabrik, which you didn't bother to declare in
>> your anti-CM email, has had little success compared to CloudMade.
>> Your
>
> You probably shouldn't post things like this without talking to your
> lawyer. We are not going to sue you over this, but other companies
> might not like talk like this.

Sorry, what would you sue me for?

>> jealous to the point of stripping all references to me out of your
>> book on OpenStreetMap. You don't want anyone who's not from Germany
>
> Steve, please, if you lie, then lie in a way that can't be checked
> by looking
> in our book on page 164 in chapter 14.6 titled "Karten von
> CloudMade" ("Maps
> from CloudMade"). The first sentence says: "Die englische Firma
> Cloudmade, zu
> deren Gründern der OpenStreetMap-Erfinder Steve Coast
> gehört, ..." (The English
> company CloudMade, to whichs founders belongs the OpenStreetMap-
> Inventor Steve
> Coast, ...) (Sorry for the bad translation, I have tried to keep to
> the
> original.) This quote is from the 2nd Edition (ISBN
> 978-3-86541-320-8).
>
> Sorry if I don't have respect for people who lie and know it.
> Because Frederik
> any you have talked about this very issue already.

Oh sorry, there is only one mention at the back, therefore it's ok.
Why don't you remind everyone what page I was on in the first edition?
But really it doesn't matter, your jealousy is well known.

>> come to your German-only German SOTM your planning because you want
>> your own little empire and fame.
>
> Where did you get this from?

You and Frederik.

> Everybody is of course welcome to the conference
> we are planning. The conference language will be German, because
> thats the
> language that people here in Germany speak. I am sorry that this
> excludes
> a few billion people on this planet, but it includes the people in
> Germany
> who don't feel as comfortable with the English language. We already
> have an
> English language international conference (SOTM) and the one the
> German
> community is planning just caters to a different audience.

So why don't you run an international SOTM?

Yours &c.

Steve