[Talk-de] Alter Bekannter unter neuem Namen?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mo Dez 14 13:38:40 UTC 2009

Hallo,

Colin Marquardt wrote:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/harmagedon/edits

Meine Reaktion:

Dear user harmagedon,

thank you for contributing to OpenStreetMap.

We note that you have performed more than 100.000 edits in the past
three weeks, most of them by removing "created_by" tags from existing
objects.

First of all, let me say that there is probably a misunderstanding about
the function of the "changeset comment" field on your part; this field
is not meant for adding URLs to external web sites, but instead for
documenting your edits so that others can see what you have done. In
your case, a proper changeset comment would have been "removed
created_by tags".

Secondly, while it is true that the use of "created_by" tags on nodes
and ways is not encouraged any more, we have decided not to remove them
automatically because this generates many unnecessary change events.

We would thus ask you to reduce your editing activity to areas where you
have valuable contributions other than removing existing tags.

Thank you
Frederik Ramm