[Talk-de] Hello from England

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Do Jul 2 12:03:48 UTC 2009

On 2 Jul 2009, at 08:39, dgdg wrote:
> Verstehe ich alles - bei kommerziellen Konferenzen. Da darf das gerne
> auch mal einen Tausender pro Tag kosten - zahlt sowieso die Firma.
> Aber 100 Euro sind für den ambitionierten Hobby-Mapper eben schon
> zuviel
> und da darf man sich nicht wundern, wenn irgendwann nur noch die
> Abgesandten von Google, Tele-Atlas und CloudMade ;-) in den
> entsprechenden Gremien sitzen - und spätestens dann kostet die
> Teilnahme
> an den Konferenzen wirklich vierstellig.
>
> Dann macht doch einen Studententarif/Privattarif mit
> Selbstverpflegung.

"I understand everything - from commercial conferences. As may be happy
also a one thousand times per day cost - the company will pay anyway.
But 100 euros is for the ambitious hobby mappers just now
too much
and since one should not be surprised if at some point only the
Representatives from Google, Tele-Atlas and in the CloudMade ;-)
relevant bodies sit - and then at least cost to
Participation
in the conferences really four.

Then it makes a student fare / tariff with private
Self-catering."

We discussed pricing at the SOTM meeting yesterday. What we can offer
for people who think that 75 or 100 Euro is too much are some steeply
discounted and free tickets if you help out with things like
registrations and/or do a lightning talk. If anyone is interested
please drop me a line.

Best

Steve