[Talk-de] Hello from England

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Do Jul 2 15:34:27 UTC 2009

Essentially this seems to come down to two things

1) You're unhappy I registered them in my name

2) You're unhappy it didn't get transferred within some short period
of time

1 -  Well, mea culpa[1]. It was just quicker and I didn't really think
about it

2 - I think you should take a long look at the minutes of the various
meetings, board and working groups, and you'll find many things that
stay there from meeting to meeting because people are volunteers and
don't have the time. In fact one of the reasons the logo still isn't
100% transferred isn't my fault, it's other board members being busy
and not doing the paperwork. You will find Grant has been continuously
prodding people to fix it.

What do you want Jochen? An apology? I apologise. I shouldn't have
done it in my name, and I should have got it transferred quicker. But
it got done. If I could go back in time and avoid all this bullshit, I
would. But I've got to tell you that when you try this character
assassination[2] and you disregard on the one hand

inventing osm, inventing the api, 4-500 talks around the world,
inventing mapping parties, inventing nodes, ways, segments (remember
them?), getting the OSMF off the ground, running various working
groups, writing the first 4 versions of the API, pouring resources
from cloudmade to help OSM... etc etc etc

and when you disregard all that and focus on the one fact that the
trademark transfer didn't happen quickly enough, when you guys won't
even trust the OSMF with the .de domain... you frankly just look
jealous that you wanted to have founded it all, because I can't figure
out what else would motivate you to be so un-balanced all time?

Best

Steve

[1] - http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mea_culpa
[2] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_assassination