[Talk-de] [OSM-talk] openmaps.org

Jonas Krückel osm at jonas-krueckel.de
So Jun 21 16:39:01 UTC 2009

Martin Koppenhoefer schrieb:
> 2009/6/17 wer-ist-roger <juwelier-online at web.de>:
>
>> Hej Jens,
>>
>> nice mockup. But I like more the idea of having thumbnails side by side then
>> this tab-like style.
>>

> Yes, it is indeed quite nice, but IMHO not suitable for a large
> variety of different Maps (lets say 20-30).

http://twitpic.com/80ic4
Just a sketch to illustrate my idea. You could easily add one line of 4
map thumbnails more and you also have the 'more maps' button on the bottom.
If you mouse over the thumbnails you will get additional informations
about the map.
I don't know if we would get problems with screenshots from the Reit-
und Wanderkarte including the contour lines and shaded reliefs, because
AFAIK the license is not compatible ( i do not really know if odbl will
make this better, but i don't think so) and it only works because the
are overlayed in the browser.

I also have a additional idea, what about a mobile version of
openmaps.org, automatically detecting the mobile device (iPhones mainly
;-) ) and displaying different open mobile maps (opentouchmap.org for
example)? Of course we would need a more advanced webinterface for the
mobile version so you can easily use it.

Please feel free to add your ideas!

Jonas