[Talk-de] Corine Land Cover France import overlapping in Germany

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
So Sep 13 16:01:27 UTC 2009

Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Before the import, we suppressed all CLC polygons overlapping more
> than 2% the existing ones in OSM. The problem is that the dataset
> itself is going a bit onto neighbourhood countries like Germany
> (a rough estimate is about max. 10km).

I do not consider this a problem. Just go ahead with your import.
There are a quite lot of people mapping in the upper valley of the
rhine. I think if there are conflicts they will get resolved quickly.
just add a proper tag to make your objects noticeable.

> So we would like to know if the German community is interested by
> these polygones or if we have to perform a cut-off exactly on the
> border.

Why should we do this? For OSM borders are nothing else than
boundary=administrative objects :)

Sven

--
"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
(Windows 95 BSOD)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web