[Talk-de] OSM-Haiti: das ist doch einmal eine schöne Rückmeldung ....

Jan Tappenbeck osm at tappenbeck.net
Do Jan 21 14:45:26 UTC 2010

Zitat:

hope this is the right place to post this. If not, please re-post in the
correct location. My name is Craig Luecke and I'm currently in Port Au
Prince with the Fairfax County Urban Search & Rescue Team (USA-1) out of
Fairfax, VA, USA. We were the first USA rescue team on the ground. I
wish there was a way that I properly express to you how important your
OSM files were to us. Most of our team members own their own Garmin Rino
and 60CSx units on top of the units we already have in the equipment
cache. Having these detailed maps on our GPS units is a big deal.
Shortly after discovering your work I quickly spread the word and
transferred the street level maps onto as many Garmin units as we could
before sending the American rescue teams on the streets. The team
members are thrilled to have this resource you have created. I wish you
could see their faces 'light up' when I take their GPS unit and tell
them that I'm going to give them street level detail maps. They have
been working VERY hard and anything that can help them in every aspect
of their mission here is greatly appreciated. I am spreading the word
about this work to all rescue and humanitarian teams on the ground here
in Haiti. Please be assured that we are using your data - I just wish we
knew about this earlier. THANK YOU! If there is anything I can do to
return the favor please let me know. My email is rocklandusa at gmail.com.
13:40, 21 January 2010 (UTC)

Source: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Humanitarian_OSM_Team