[Talk-de] Strassennamen Vergleich für die Schweiz

Fred Jelk wakefred at gmail.com
Fr Nov 9 09:10:29 UTC 2012

Hi Simon,

o.k. I think, in french (Switzerland), the capital letters are without
an accent. I will change these names in OSM.

But, now I've found an other Problem:
In Schmitten FR [1] is a road in GWR named as an short-name: F. X.
Müllerstrasse.
The real Name is "Franz Xaver Müllerstrasse". And in OSM it is named
like this. Till now, I thinked, we shouldn't use short names in OSM. I
hope, this is still right.

The problem is: if other users see on the GWR-list some other shorten
streetnames, it will be possible, that they will change the name that it
match to the GWR-list.

[1] http://qa.poole.ch/ch-roads/FR/2305.html

Fred