[Talk-dk] Fwd: Re: [OSM-talk] Mapping everything as areas

Freek freek_osm at vanwal.nl
Tor Nov 26 13:19:41 GMT 2009

There's an interesting discussion going on at OSM-talk at the moment (in case
you're not subscribed):
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-November/044701.html

Especially the following entry ;-)

Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Mapping everything as areas
Date: Thursday 26 November 2009
From: Anthony <osm at inbox.org>
To: mk at koppenhoefer.com

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/26 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>
>>
>> losing method into the winning method.  By that time we'll have every
>> single area of the globe (except maybe the oceans) covered by an area,
>> right?  :)
>
> or even by several areas and inside even more boundaries... ;-)

Sure, we've gotta have highway=lane (way) inside ground_cover=roadway
(area) inside landuse=highway (area)

Along with ground_cover=sidewalk; ground_cover=grass; barrier=curb; etc.  :)