[Talk-dk] rejseplanen betingelser

Freek freek_osm at vanwal.nl
Man Sep 28 14:10:59 BST 2009

On Monday 28 September 2009 13:34, Birgitte Lomholt Woolridge wrote:
> Vi synes det er interessant at få vist til "folket", at det er muligt at
> tage toget eller bussen. Derfor vil vi også meget, meget gerne have, at man
> integrerer et link til Rejseplanen, så man kan se, hvilke busser og tog der
> går fra stoppestedet/stationen. Vi mener i al beskedenhed, at det er bedre
> service, end at brugeren så efterfølgende skal til at skrive rejseplanen.dk
> i browseren. Så hellere vise det i første hug. Men men men, hvis der nu
> ikke er tradition for at linke til noget fra openstreetmap.com, hvilket jeg
> synes, at jeg kan se, at det ikke er, så må vi jo snakke om det.

The problem is that the website is not all that is OpenStreetMap.
OpenStreetMap is a database, and the website just shows a selection of the
data that is in the database, but not everything.
For example the housenumber data contains many more details than can be seen
on the main map:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/342079717

We (as the community in Denmark) cannot control what happens on the main
website, and moreover we cannot control what happens with the data in the
database when someone else uses it, except in so far as our licence reaches
(see links in previous mail).

> Jeg er ikke sikker på, at jeg forstår, hvad en mener med at lave
> rute-services? At også beregne en rejse?

We do not plan to make a route planner for public transport (which would
require time tables and such information that we do not have), but we simply
cannot guarantee that nobody will use the data for that purpose.

Just for your information, there are already route planners using
OpenStreetMap data, as well as a public transport map (without routing):
- http://maps.cloudmade.com/
- http://openrouteservice.org/
- http://yournavigation.org/
- http://www.öpnvkarte.de/

> Og, ja, selvfølgelig vil vi gerne
> have at data opdateres, det ser jo lidt dumt ud, hvis et stoppested er
> flyttet eller nedlagt.

I think this should not be a problem as long as someone takes responsibility
for it and makes the appropriate scripts, but it will have to be discussed
further.

To sum up: we cannot provide the exact same service as boliga.dk on the main
OpenStreetMap website, but we are still very interested in the data, and with
a reasonable modification of the terms and someone in the community to take
care of the import (I would want to look into it if there are no other
candidates), it should still be possible to use the data. The most important
change with respect to the current terms seems to be the link to rejseplanen.
We can only add this as a so-called "tag", which would then show up in a view
like the following (see the "source_ref" tag):
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/277223818

--
Freek