[Talk-dk] MapRoulette challenges for Denmark

Andrew Wiseman andrew_wiseman at apple.com
Ons Dec 19 18:21:00 UTC 2018

Hello OSM Denmark,

This is Andrew from Apple’s Maps team. We’ve been working on the a few road issues and buildings for some time (https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/issues/69 and https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/issues/118) and recently used our Atlas data analysis tool (https://github.com/osmlab/atlas <https://github.com/osmlab/atlas>) to look for a few types of potential issues, such as roads with sharp angles and buildings that intersect roads. I posted the results of those checks on MapRoulette, a tool that lets you go through potential issues one by one and either correct them or indicate they are not a problem. I wanted to let you know they are available in case others wanted to try fixing some of them — I also plan to go through some of them myself.

In MapRoulette you can either pick a random task to fix or click on a specific one. If you want to do tasks around a certain location, such as somewhere you are familiar with, you can click “more options” then “load tasks by proximity.”

The checks are:

- Sharp angles (only 6 total): https://maproulette.org/mr3/challenge/3421 <https://maproulette.org/mr3/challenge/3421>
- Building-road intersections: https://maproulette.org/mr3/challenge/3423 <https://maproulette.org/mr3/challenge/3423>

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thank you,

Andrew

Andrew Wiseman |  Maps | andrew_wiseman at apple.com <mailto:andrew_wiseman at apple.com>