[Talk-dk] Removing "WikiProject" prefix

dcapillae dcapillae at gmail.com
Tor Aug 1 20:31:02 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am Daniel, from Spain. I would like to change the name of the wiki
pages related to the Denmark mapping project to remove the "Wikiproject"
prefix according to the pages name conventions [1].

The name of the pages related to the Denmark mapping project would be
"Denmark" (name of place) instead of "Wikiproject Denmark", as
recommended by the wiki conventions. It is a change that I have already
made in United States [2], Canada [3], Spain [4], Australia [5], New
Zealand [6], South Africa [7], and all Spanish-speaking countries [8] on
the Wiki.

I could make the necessary changes, and also add the "Country" template
[9] to the Denmark project page, although this change is optional.

All pages with "WikiProject" prefix will be redirected automatically.
There will be no broken links in any case.  I'll make sure everything
works correctly, just like now.

Do you like the idea? I have posted this message on the wiki in case you
prefer to comment there [10].

Thank you for you attention! Greetings from Spain.

Regards,
Daniel

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki_organisation#Pages_naming_convention