[Talk-ee] Aadressite validaator

Jaak Laineste jaak at openstreetmap.ee
Thu May 19 07:53:10 BST 2011

Thank you Gints!

 JOSM plugin would be much better than separate scripts. Can you explain a bit how does it work and how can it be extended?

 For Estonia we have two original official data sources :
  - "X-tee" (Estonian official central API for state registers) XML requests via pretty heavy infrastructure. We don't use this, but this is the ultimate official info
  - monthly updated ADS (address registry) database extracts as bunch of .csv files in FTP site of Maaamet. We use this.

I have two-step processing of the DB extracts:
1) Importing them to Postgres database (no transoformation, so it is easy to update).
2) PHP script to request data from postgres and output .OSM as point nodes:

Both my scripts are in:
 https://code.google.com/p/maakaart-ee/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fserver%2Fadb%2Fads2osm

So there are several options from to get data for the plugin:
1) maaamet .csv files . Original ones, but these are in password-protected FTP site, and are pretty big (some 700 MB uncompressed) and we use only some specific fields from it.
2) give direct SQL access to the postgres database API.
3) use generated .OSM files with nodes
4) create some new better light API between postgres and plugin (some pbf-based)

How to you feed data for LT and CZ?

Jaak