[OSM-talk-fr] openstreetview.org

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mer 30 Nov 22:21:49 UTC 2011

2011/11/30 Cyrille Giquello <cyrille37 at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> But what about photos hosting ? Where are they ? What's the available
> volume ? Who's paying hosting ? What the contract between the photo
> maker and openstreetview.org ?
>
> I must admit: I don't know. I did some research and this seems to be the
only place where photos, which are only perceived as relevant by mappers,
are welcome.

I know they are accessible in various sizes through that KML link in the
bottom right corner, but that's about it. The reason why I want to get some
attention to the project, is that I'm planning to upload a few
hundred/thousand? photos to it and they need to be moderated by 3 people,
before they become available. Right now I uploaded 1 to try responsiveness
and it took almost a week. The next batch of 100 took a bit less. While
doing that, I have moderated some photos of others, of course. So the more
people see the usefulness of that site/project, the more smoothly it all
works. I didn't start the project. I'm simply trying to grease the cog
wheels...

Jo