[OSM-talk-fr] Earth electrode line of HVDC SACOI near Lucciana on Corse

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Ven 1 Juin 19:37:40 UTC 2012

Look at the aerial photographies of the French official Geoportail:

Near Bonifacio :

http://www.geoportail.fr/visu2D.do?cg=djoxLjEqYzptZXRyb3BvbGUqY3Y6MS4wKnZ2OjEuMSp4eTo5LjIwMjc3OHw0MS4zNzExMTEqczo0KnB2OjEuMCpwOmRlY291dmVydGUqbDpQaG90b3wxfDEwMHw=

You can easily see the electric stations. But no cables getting out of
it to the coast.

So most probably the lines are underground through the coastal
mountains up to the sea. Note also that you can see the result of
underground works on the coast. I don't know if this vertical line
joining the ground to the small rocky beach is the effective location
where the cables have been placed, but I suspect the line you also see
under the coastal water level is the presence of the cable, burried
and by some protecting infrastructure.

The locations given in Wikipedia are then loking correct for me. But
may be a Corsican resident may try to look at this location if this is
really an electric station (with DC/AC converters to interconnect it
to the regional French grid).

You may also check the other location to the North of Corsica with the
aerial photos given by the French Géoportail.