[OSM-talk-fr] Encore un bug... Pardon, un comportement étrange de Nominatim

Yves Pratter yves.pratter at gmail.com
Mer 22 Oct 22:04:02 UTC 2014

> Le 22 oct. 2014 à 23:44, Yves Pratter <yves.pratter at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Peut-être une question de pondération ?

Why is the place I'm looking for not at the top of the list?
 <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/FAQ#Why_is_the_place_I.27m_looking_for_not_at_the_top_of_the_list.3F>Nominatim uses various heuristics to calculate the order to show search results, these include the area of the map you were looking at when you did the search, the 'importance' or a place and how accurately your search string matches the result. Exact matches win over anything else but after that the most significant factor is importance of the returned feature which is calculated either from the tagging (i.e. town, city, country) or preferably from the linked wikipedia article.
If you find a place is not where you expect it to be the simplest way to resolve the problem is usually to add a wikipedia tag to the data in osm.

Indexing/address calculation <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Development_overview#Indexing.2Faddress_calculation>
Country to street level
All indexed features are converted to a simple hierarchy (rank) of importance with points scored between 0 and 30 (where 0 is most important). Rank takes account of differences in interpretation between different countries but is generally calculated as:
…

Postcode à un poids assez faible

Peut-être que ce problème mériterais un ticket ou une question sur la liste geocoding ?

Bugs may be reported on the github project site: https://github.com/twain47/Nominatim <https://github.com/twain47/Nominatim>

—
Yves