[OSM-talk-fr] Removing "WikiProject" prefix

dcapillae dcapillae at gmail.com
Mer 28 Aou 17:30:43 UTC 2019

Bonjour.

Je ne parle pas français. Pardonnez-moi si je vous écris en anglais.

[En anglais]

Hi,

I am Daniel, from Spain. I would like to change the name of the wiki
pages related to the France mapping project to remove the "Wikiproject"
prefix according to the pages name conventions [1].

The name of the pages related to the France mapping project would be
"France" (name of place) instead of "Wikiproject France", as recommended
by the wiki conventions. It is a change that I have already made in
United States [2], Canada [3], Spain [4], Australia [5], New Zealand
[6], South Africa [7], and all Spanish-speaking countries [8] on the
Wiki. The pages of Israel, Denmark, Norway, United Kingdom, Italy,
Germany, India, Russia and Philippines have also been renamed.

All pages with "WikiProject" prefix will be redirected automatically.
There will be no broken links in any case.  I'll make sure everything
works correctly, just like now.

Do you like the idea? I have posted this message on the wiki in case you
prefer to comment there [10].

Thank you for you attention! Greetings from Spain.

Regards,
Daniel

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki_organisation#Pages_naming_convention