[Talk-gb-midanglia] New NPE Mapping

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sat Dec 6 22:18:45 GMT 2008

I may be teaching my grandmother but if I am not ...

Beware that NPE might be mis-registered, so be carefully moving loads
of stuff because a 50 year old map got wet and distorted in the 1960's!

Personally I like to become comfortable with the registration based on
a bunch of existing GPS sourced content and then use the NPE if it
passes that test.

I found one NPE map tile in Wales a while back where the wrong map had
been loaded!

However other mappers have also found really distorted data where
people appear not to have actually had a GPS unit and just sort of
guessed! NPE will be great for those occasions.

Regards,

Peter