[Talk-gb-midanglia] Postboxes

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Thu Oct 30 15:34:48 GMT 2008

Want to know how well you're doing at adding postboxes as POIs locally to you? Thanks to a post on another of the email lists I followed a few links and discovered this site:
http://www.dracos.co.uk/play/locating-postboxes/
You can put in a partial postcode (e.g. CO15) and it shows you a list of (almost) all the postboxes in that area, along with a map showing OSM postboxes that are already on there (with a different colours depending whether they are or are not linked to a reference in the list). I say "almost" as there is a postbox at Tesco which I think is too new to be on the list. What I didn't realise until I just went to check is that each postbox has a reference printed on the bit of paper on the front that shows collection time (in the case of "CO15 128" it is near the bottom left corner).

I may go back through some old photos I took while GPS tracking as I usually take a shot of the front of the box as a reminder where they are (though apparently I've only tagged 4 in Clacton, and at least two of those I don't know whether to use the reference of the post office it was outside, or of another box at the same sort of location).

Ed