[Talk-gb-midanglia] Couple of tag questions

Nick Folwell nick.folwell2 at btinternet.com
Sat May 2 08:14:26 BST 2009

Hi all

I'm finally(!) finishing off Haverhill, and I have a couple of questions
about tags, that I can't see reasonable answers to on the Wiki.

1.       On some estates, there are lots of rows of garages, with service
roads serving them (obviously). How do people tag these? I've put
highway=service, service=garage_access - does that seem reasonable?
garage_access isn't in the default list of approved tags for service, but
driveway, alley and parking_aisle don't really fit. I looked in Cambridge
and what I think are the same, tend to just be labeled highway=service.

2.       There are residential footpaths - in other words houses with no
road up to them, but a named walkway. How should these be labeled? Just as
highway=footway, with a name? They're not really "paths" in the traditional
sense. I was putting highway=pedestrian, but pedestrian is for shopping
precincts etc, right?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

Nick Folwell