[Talk-gb-westmidlands] Another Mapping Party?

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Thu Nov 27 19:47:03 GMT 2008

"Ciaran Mooney" <general.mooney at googlemail.com> schrieb:
> Great! That makes two of us! I have left this on the back-burner, but
> would be good to get some more publicity in the OSM world. I'll put
> out an email on the main Talk-GB list, and make an event.

Cool,  really think another mapping party will help us to get the last
bits on the map! Perhaps we can even finish the main data collection on
this weekend.

> I don't mind where we meet, closer to the empty spots the better. It
> would be great if you know somewhere close by with free WiFi and space
> for us to do some actual map tracing and use as a " base".

Good point. I searched a bit on the internet for pubs/cafes with free
wifi today but Barnt Green and Longbridge don't seem to be the right
places for that type of venue. There is only a McDonalds in Longbridge
but you have to pay for internet access and also it is not really a
nice base location, I think. Another place with wifi is the conference
centre in Longbridge, but that would mean renting a room there (65
pounds for a room that holds 14 people for half a day). So, also not
really an option.
Perhaps we have to move somewhere into town for tracing after
collecting the tracks during the day. I do not if it is possible to get
a room at the uni?

Christoph