[Talk-gb-westmidlands] Naptan alignment

Brian Prangle bprangle at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:45:59 BST 2009

Thomas

I've also looked at Google maps and their alignment is off too in exactly
the same way ours is in areas I know well and have surveyed, so I guess it's
down to the NaPTAN data. There are examples where I know the bus stops are
in a row along the street (Corporation Street  and Acocks Green Village for
example) but NapTAN has one or two skewed from the line by several metres.
Currently I favour correcting the NapTAN data  to what we know on the
ground, but until a consensus emerges I'm laying off the urge to correct it.

Regards

Brian