[Talk-gb-westmidlands] Warwicks Gritting --> Worcestershire

Andrew Mackenzie a.mackenzie at bethere.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 18:59:59 GMT 2010

Hi Steve
You are looking for the Local Authority's Winter Maintenance Plan, which gives the routes and gritting priorities. Some authorities make this easily accessible from their website.
In Worcestershire's case, some searching reveals routes in PDFs of Ordnance Survey maps (which are of course copyright restricted). Like this
http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/default.aspx?page=9032
Those are the gritting routes. Reference ENV0709

What you need is the Winter Maintenance Plan Reference ENV0945
Which gives 'gritting routes planned for the Winter Period each year.' The website says there is an electronic copy available, but links to the maps of routes, as above.
There is a Winter Service Policy http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/transport-and-streets/streets/gritting/winter-service-policy.aspx
but that only sets out principles.
Try
Highways Control Centre, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester, WR5 2NP

regards
Andrew