[Talk-gb-westmidlands] Allotments project

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 08:33:51 GMT 2011

Hi Andrew

To sum up what we discussed last night

If you can get us an early release of your data on allotments, we will:

identify which fields are suitable for OSM
enter those fields for all allotments in Birmingham (possible Solihull also
and some other West Mids authorities if it's not too onerous but we'll
guarantee BCC)

Your developer can then mashup the remaining data using  the OSM map
That way you can use Birmingham as an exemplar where information is known
to be complete

Other areas of the UK will be in various states of completion and will rely
on local enthusiasm to do the same as us. You will need a campaign within
OSM to publicise this project and encourage mappers to follow suit.

I can help in constructing a suitable wiki page

Regards and Good luck

Brian