[Talk-gb-westmidlands] Mark Renn, sculptor

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 18:48:45 UTC 2020

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 at 18:48, Brian Prangle <brian at mappa-mercia.org> wrote:

>> Those of you who appreciate public art might be interested in a
>> Wikipedia article I've just written, on Birmingham sculptor Mark Renn,
>> who sadly died last month:
>>
>>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Renn

> Any reason why he didn't justify an article whilst he was alive?

No, I'm sure he would have done. Like OSM, Wikipedia is a work in
progress, and has plenty of potential for extra content.

In a similar vein, I've just written about one of his collaborators, Paula Woof:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Woof

Again, not all of her works seem to be mapped; and some on Wikipedia
need coordinates. I'm particularly keen to locate and find ndependent
sources for this heron, made for Centro:

   http://paulawoof.co.uk/publicart/heron.htm

and these silhouettes in Burnley:

   http://paulawoof.co.uk/publicart/burnley.htm

> I'll try to fill in some of the gaps. BTW is Ben Mabbett a relative?He's doing lots of mapping in the W Mids

Not that I'm aware of, but no doubt we have a common ancestor somewhere.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing