[Talk-GB] OpenGuides/OpenStreetMap Oxford meetup, final details

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Wed Dec 6 18:03:46 GMT 2006

[resending to OSM list due to trying to send to talk-uk before...]

The final details have been set for this week's meeting. Apologies for
the short notice; I had intended to get this sorted out last week but
other commitments prevented that.

The event will be split up into four parts:

=== Friday 8th December: Social ===

 * 6pm onwards
 * Far From the Madding Crowd[0]
 * Food served until 9pm
 * Non-smoking area reserved (find us there; turn left on entering the pub)

=== Saturday 9th December: Hackfest ===

 * 10am-5pm
 * Dom's house (Email Dom for location information)
 * Pizza delivery lunch?

=== Saturday 9th December: BBC Backstage ===

 * 6:30pm - 1am
 * BBC Backstage Bash [1], [2]
 * You need to already be signed up to the guest list
 * Some of us will be catching the Oxford_Tube [3] to and from
   Oxford/the hack fest

=== Sunday 10th December: OpenStreetMap event ===

 * 10.30am-3pm
 * Meet at Coffee Republic [4]
 * Meet OpenGuides/OpenStreetMap people, see demos of OSM maps and
   software, and go out to perfect our maps of Oxford [5]
 * There is a chance we will need to leave early; if we're not there,
   please ring Dominic (number below).
 * If you would like to come and map, the earlier the better!

== Contact ==

The main point of contact for the weekend is
Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li> on 07976 569915.

Please spread information about these events (particularly the Sunday
session, best-suited to those who aren't already involved) far and wide.
There is an upcoming.org entry [6] suited to this.

Cheers,

Dominic.

[0] http://oxford.openguides.org/wiki/?Far_From_The_Madding_Crowd
[1] http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/news/archives/2006/10/bbc_backstage_l.html