[Talk-GB] More old OS maps

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Wed Nov 8 17:33:02 GMT 2006

> A chap on the ordnancemaps mailing list
> (http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/ordnancemaps/) has a large number of
> out-of-copyright 25in-to-the-mile maps available. Apparently they date
> from c. 1905 to the 1940s.

Wow, 25 inch to the mile is pretty detailed.

I suspect that if we scaled them out to be 2-4x the detail of the current
npemaps stuff, they'll be too hard to read (since the features will be too
small). If we try to show them at their real size, they'll be too zoomed
in to be useful for postcode stuff, and the size of the whole country
would be too large to host.

Nick