[Talk-GB] More old OS maps

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 19:26:37 GMT 2006

80n wrote:
>Sent: 08 November 2006 6:52 PM
>To: Richard Fairhurst
>Cc: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] More old OS maps
>
>OpenStreetMap's mission is "... dedicated to encouraging the growth,
>development and distribution of free geospatial data and to providing
>geospatial data for anybody to use and share."
>
>Would it be consistent with our aims to buy and then "ransom"
>(http://ransom.redjar.org/) these maps?

It might work, but we would need to secure a set of maps first. I'm not
convinced buying them is the best option because of storage costs for flat
sheet. But if we can find a good source(s) then I see no reason why, subject
to acceptance from the map owner(s), why we could not use a similar ransom
type method. Might be very effective.

Cheers

Andy