[Talk-GB] London maps

Mon Nov 13 16:47:13 GMT 2006

If we can't use the 1934 ABC (which would be a great shame), should we
try and get some out-of-copyright OS London maps?

A search through the British Cartographic Society's Directory of UK
Map Collections (http://www.cartography.org.uk/Pages/Publicat/Ukdir/)
suggests that many London borough libraries have collections of 1:1250
and 1:2500 maps of the city.

The University of London Library looks particularly promising:

http://www.cartography.org.uk/Pages/Publicat/Ukdir/Univ4.html
http://www.ull.ac.uk/subjects/guides/mapsordnance.shtml

Do we still have people here with connections to the library who could
get in and do some photocopying for free/cheapish?

(Or maybe we could buy the scans from the OS's friends at Landmark:
  http://www.landmarkinfo.co.uk/corp/graphics/corp2/techInfoLeaflet.pdf)

Richard