[Talk-GB] Motorway and Railway Progress

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Tue Nov 28 13:37:59 GMT 2006

blank
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Burch" <openstreetmap at gagravarr.org>
To: <talk-gb at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:19 PM
Subject: [Talk-GB] Motorway and Railway Progress

> Hi All
>
> I've updated my rendering of the UK's railways and motorways, from last
> night's planet.osm:
>  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Image:UK-Motorways-Railways.png
>
> Things have come a long way over the last month or so, but there's still
> quite a bit to be done.
>

> Could people look through their GPX traces, and see if they have one
> travelling along one of the missing bits of motorway and railway? (We
> ought to have traces for most of them, we just don't know what they're
> for)
>
> If you do find one, just link to it from the wiki pages:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_United_Kingdom_Motorways

What is the source of the information for each motorway listed on the above
page?

I note from the above page that the M50 is a road " linking the M5 at
Tewkesbury to Ross-on-Wye.".  There seems to be a whole lot of segments in
OSM which probably are the M50, but are not made into a way or tagged.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=52.04669161725237&lon=-2.137911175039906&zoom=14
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=51.924752911660434&lon=-2.5646519233855325&zoom=11

If anyone is familiar with that area, and knows where the M50 starts and
ends, they might like to make it into a way and tag it appropriately

David