[Talk-GB] Intro and question about coventry

Damocov OSM at damian-fell.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 19:24:14 GMT 2006

Hi there guys, I've just started out with openstreetmap and am getting
really into it (god I sound like a really sad geek), I'm in the Coventry
area and I've started mapping the roads around where I liveand have got
a question about protocol for creating ways form segments.

I've noticed that somone has created a whole load of nodes and segments
of the major trunk and primary roads around Coventry, but hasn;t created
any ways as yet for them.

Am I going to be treading on anyone's toes if I start to turn them into
ways and tag them?

At the moment I'm uploading minor roads but I'd like to try and get the
map of my home looking a bit better by sorting out the major roads too.

Damian Fell (damocov)

P.S.
Is there anyway I can take my shapefiles of the local area I've been
collecting for the last umpteen years from old gps logs and convert
them, other than by laoding as GPX files via GPSU? (really wish I'd kept
the source data now - grrr)