[Talk-GB] (London) Tube Progress

Thu Nov 30 13:10:49 GMT 2006

Quoting Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com>:

> I also moved Hammersmith (D+P) into position. But even though it was taggeed
> as NPE-derived, I guess that since we were moving it around in the CC osm
> db, it's no longer PD information - especially if we were referencing CC GPX
> traces at the time. It, along with Fulham Broadway, are now under shopping
> centres, so it'll be harder to get coordinates without having derived from
> the surrounding osm data. And even if I get their positions from ways etc
> that surround them that *I* put in, I might have derived those ways using
> other people's gpx data to help.
>
> Licensing nightmares. Ho hum.

This is kind of why I asked the question on the talk list yesterday
about whether we should expressly allow people to locate points using
an OSM map, and license them any way they choose. IMO it would be
possible for us, as a project, to proclaim this as our
"clarification/interpretation" of the CC-BY-SA licence - without
having to go through a tortuous relicensing process.

I'm reassured that no-one has yet responded with "DIE ANTI-FREE
S0FTW4R3Z TRA1T0R 5CUM", but then I'm not sure the fiercest
ShareAlikers are reading the list much atm.

cheers
Richard