[Talk-GB] "Trunk" clarification

Bruce Cowan bruce.cowan at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 4 19:22:16 BST 2007

There seems to be two conflicting definitions of "trunk":

* Maintained by Transport Scotland/Highways Agency
* Is a "primary route" and has green signs.

On my journey today, I noticed the A811 has green signs.  It also
appears as a "primary route" on a map of the are.  I know for a fact
that this road is maintained by the local authorities (mostly Stirling).

What I ask is for clarification as to which of these above definitions
is the one that should be used for OSM.

I have marked this road as trunk for the time being.
--
Bruce Cowan <bruce.cowan at dsl.pipex.com>