[Talk-GB] Access: horse-drawn vehicle

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:04:03 BST 2007

On 9 Apr 2007, at 12:49, Russell Phillips wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 12:14 +0100, Shaun McDonald wrote:
>>> bicycles or horse-drawn vehicles [2]. How should I tag it to show  
>>> that
>>> horse-drawn vehicles aren't allowed?
>> horse=no
>> bicycle=no
>> foot=no
> According to Map Features, horse is for "Access permission for horse
> riders", not horse-drawn vehicles. The tunnel specifically does not
> allow horse-drawn vehicles. It doesn't mention horse riders.

The Edinburgh City Bypass and parts of the A1 have a similar sign.  
I'm yet to see a sign that says that horse riders are specifically  
allowed, but not horse drawn vehicles.
> This is why I asked. Does "horse=no" actually refer to horse-drawn
> vehicles as well as horse riders? If so, then Map Features should
> reflect that.

However I have found places whereby horse riders are specifically  
allowed, and a horse drawn carriage would have problems in travelling  

Do we want to introduce a new tag?
Do we want a map specifically for horse riders (similar to the one  
that is being done for cyclists)?


More information about the Talk-GB mailing list