[Talk-GB] REMINDER - Southampton Mapping Weekend, April 28th/29th

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Mon Apr 16 23:17:29 BST 2007

Hello everyone,

A reminder that in just under two weeks the first UK mapping weekend for a few
weeks takes place in Southampton. Do come along if you haven't signed up
already and are free that weekend - if enough people make it, there is a real
chance that the Ordnance Survey's home city could be completely mapped as
about 50% of roads are done already.

Focus will be on residential roads and urban footways as all roads with a
classification of "highway=unclassified" or greater are already present.
There are also plenty of POIs and parks to be added and a few green areas on
the outskirts.

It looks like there will be a room available from 9am-5pm both days at my
place of work at Southampton Solent University. This is not confirmed yet but
should be in the next couple of days. There is the possibility of food being
provided too. There should be a PC in the room (provided) and an Ethernet
port.

If anyone needs a place to stay I can probably sleep 2.

Please sign up on the wiki if you are interested in coming....

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Southampton_Mapping_Party

Also, two days earlier (April 26th) Steve and myself are giving a talk at a
BCS meeting at the same venue. Again exact location to be confirmed in the
next few days.

Nick