[Talk-GB] GPS Tracks downloaded from OSM in JOSM

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 12:13:58 BST 2007

Shaun McDonald wrote:
>Sent: 18 April 2007 11:58 AM
>To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: [Talk-GB] GPS Tracks downloaded from OSM in JOSM
>
>Hi,
>
>When I download the GPS tracks in JOSM, it appears to be a complete
>mess, with very large gaps between the GPS points. This means that
>there are random lines all over the place.
>
>Is it due to wrong settings when the data was recorded?
>Is it due to the intermediate points on the route being outwith the
>downloaded area?
>Is there any good way of working with the data?

You have the "Draw lines between raw gps points" selected in preferences.
This feature only works with your own tracklogs in a local GPX file (or full
puplic GPX files you download from OSM) because gps points collected from
the OSM server as part of a JOSM download are not sent in a relative order.
For a local GPX file JOSM uses the timestamp information on each point to
logically draw the lines between points.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk