[Talk-GB] London progress

Dave osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 17:15:21 BST 2007

> > I have a python script which pulls down the data in tiles from the
> > server and then concatenates the files together (not a neat merging
> > technique, but osmarender doesn't seem to care). The script is on my
> > user page on the wiki, although most of the rest of that page is out
> > of date:
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:Randomjunk
>
> Why not just grab the relevant lowzoom tiles from the osmarender layer,
> and stitch them?

1) they didn't exist 6 months ago... it's not just the data collection
that is progressing :-)

2) the style keeps changing -- this makes it really difficult to just
track map changes as opposed to renderer changes.. it might be an
interesting thing to do in it's own right of course, but not quite
what I want to achieve.