[Talk-GB] Is slightly hacky data better than no data?

Jonathan Bennett openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 08:46:45 BST 2007

In Guildford, there's a small gap in one of the railway lines running
through the town:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=51.234683&lon=-0.577344&zoom=14

If I use the NPE maps to trace the route, the GPX I get is 20 or so
metres out compared with the existing OSM data, even with calibration,
but the shape of the way is spot on. Is using JOSM to shift the way into
the "right" place better than leaving the gap? Getting a GPS trace is
going to be difficult, since that section of the line is in a cutting.