[Talk-GB] UK dev day - Saturday 5th May

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:15:49 BST 2007

On 25 Apr 2007, at 10:40, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have as yet been unable to find a venue for the development day on
> Saturday 5th May. :(
>
> Needs to accommodate six or so OSM hackers and have broadband (ideally
> wifi). South/Midlands and easily accessible by train would be helpful.
>
> Can anyone help?

I know it is completely the wrong side of the UK. I would be able to
accommodate some people in my house in Sighthill, Edinburgh.
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?
lat=55.920227166751&lon=-3.28280222702451&zoom=15>
I have 2Mbit Virgin Media broadband with wifi.
There is Wester Hailes station about 5 or 10 minutes walk to the
south. There is also Edinburgh Park station which is 20-40 minutes
walk to the North of where I stay. You may find it easier to head to
Edinburgh Waverley or Edinburgh Haymarket and getting the local bus
to my house. The bus is £1 for a single (or £2.50 for a day ticket)
and takes about 30 minutes from the city centre.

It's just a thought if you cannot find somewhere down south. (You'll
also get me attending too, and you'll probably manage to get me to
actually contribute some code ;-) )

Shaun