[Talk-GB] affixing a GPS to a dashboard

Mark Williams mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 18:13:30 BST 2007

Jonathan Bennett wrote:
> Steve Coast wrote:
>
>> That burning question - if you have a GPS and a dashboard which lets
>> it slide off when you turn a corner - what do you do?
>>
>> Maybe blu tak?
>>

> Works perfectly for me. Use many small blobs rather than one big one,
> though.
>

> Jono

Be aware that Garmin's with a rubber edge grip will go funny in hot sun
on a dashboard. The glue melts & turns into sticky yuk on a
semi-permanent basis. Mr Garmin is re-gluing mine as we speak; I'm told
that's what happened, though I never leave it unattended on the dash, so
I think it did it driving (with air-con, too!).

I'm 'going to' update the wiki 'soon'....

Mark