[Talk-GB] Bridges (Edinburgh)

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Wed Aug 8 14:47:58 BST 2007

On 08/08/2007 14:37, Dave_A_F wrote:
> The rendering problem is fixed by adding the appropriate osmarender tags
> to instruct it not to render Name or Ref for the bridge.
>
> I am fixing this and other similar where ref or name are on roundabouts
> in any places I go.
>
> These tags are also useful to prevent small bits of street such as short
> cul-de-sacs in housing estates which have the name of the street they
> branch from having badly rendered name.

While this is true, Etienne is on the verge of releasing osmarender5
which will reduce the size of text if there isn't room, and if there
still isn't omit it completely. So while it is probably still desirable
to use the name suppression tags for bridges (except where the bridge
has a distinct name of its own), you might want to hold off doing it for
short streets as these should be handled automatically before very long.

David