[Talk-GB] How do I tag this cyckeway?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Aug 16 10:29:56 BST 2007

On 15/08/2007 22:55, Dave_A_F wrote:
> I have a cycleway in Dumfries which is signed as part of
> 1. NCN7
> 2. KM Trail	- celebrating a local chap Kirkpatrick Macmillan who caused all
> the trouble by inventing the bicycle
> 3. CTC Glenkiln Loop
> 4. Byway 	- one of the National Byway routes
>
> And it, in places, is along a long established walkway - a favourite of
> Robert Burns and shown on local signs as Burns Walk.
>
> I suppose it is really a question for Andy Allan and his superb cycle map
> but I am sure  others must have come across similar things.

The route tag was intended for this but it doesn't work because of the
situation you have.

Frederick's relationships prototype is intended to address exactly this
need - the ability to combine Ways together in different configurations.
So you can have one "entity" for all the ways that make up NCN7, another
for KM Trail and so on.

See http://openstreetmap.gryph.de/entities/

David