[Talk-GB] highway=track and implied access rights?

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 22:00:08 BST 2007

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 10:09:34AM +0100, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Noticed that a path I put in as highway=bridleway or byway (can't remember
> which, TBH!) has been converted to highway=track. Trouble with this is that
> we lose rights of way information (does this track have public access rights
> or is it just a farm track?)

I've been using the standard highway={footway,cycleway,bridleway,etc} tags but
also adding a uk:row=byway, uk:row=rupp etc tag for this type of data. Not that
RUPPs technically exist any more, but some are still labelled as such (and you
get that nice warm fuzzy historical feeling when you traverse them).

--
Matthew