[Talk-GB] [OSM-talk] dangerous cycling lanes (was Re: A new highwaytagging scheme - thinking about)

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Wed Aug 29 19:40:22 BST 2007

On 29 Aug 2007, at 12:55, Andy Allan wrote:

> On 8/29/07, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
>> [...]

The ncn and rcn are more generic, so that other countries can use the
same tags. However these definitions are pretty much correct for the UK.

> ncn - Sustrans National Cycle network (in red)
> rcn - Sustrans Regional Cycle network (in blue)
> lcn - local cycle networks (inc. London cycle network) - also in blue

Why are the rcn and lcn the same blue colour? Please make them
different colours.

> but we need to mark up this National Byway, and any other organised
> cycle networks or routes there are that don't fit into the three tags
> already that I don't yet know about! acn for Arbitrary Cycle Network?
> :-)

Does anyone know what all the symbols on
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/
shaunmcdonald131/20070804osmcycleSouthToGalashielsAndMelrose/
photo#5095192221629622178
mean?
There seems to be a lot of them in the Scottish Borders.

Shaun