[Talk-GB] Announcing the Freemap API

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sun Dec 2 13:24:03 GMT 2007

Hello everyone,

I'd like to announce the initial version of the Freemap API, which allows
third-party applications to use Freemap (http://www.free-map.org.uk) data. As
I guess many of you know, Freemap is my project to produce interactive
OSM-based maps for walkers and other users of the UK countryside. Freemap
adds its own data - such as path blockages, path directions or points of
interest for walkers, such as interesting views - on top of a base map
derived from OSM, and is also aiming to provide a free database of walking
routes.

This Freemap specific information (annotations plus walking routes) is
available through the Freemap API. Documentation for the API is available
from:

http://www.free-map.org.uk/freemap/api.php

Nick