[Talk-GB] UK administrative subdivisions

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Dec 3 17:28:51 GMT 2007

At 04:41 PM 12/3/2007, Mark Williams wrote:

>A set of county_or_other_area.poly files might be handy, also this might
>be useful to work on to define the boundaries in the map, as these are
>very awkward to map otherwise.

And slightly at a tangent, might not these be useful for
systematically programmatically classifying places, towns, streets
for search tools a la an is_in:county or is_in:historic_county
?  Even historic counties would be very useful.  I'm from Yorkshire,
always will be, even though those pesky southerners took it away years ago. :-)

Mike
Stockholm